Monday 14 December 2015

20 Questions with Anna




20 Questions with Anna Berkowitz from
Supernaturally Yours


Note: Interview takes place just prior to the beginning of Supernaturally Yours.


1. What’s your full name?

Anna Catherine Berkowitz


2. If you had a free day with no responsibilities and your only mission was to enjoy yourself, what would you do?

I would do some baking followed up by cuddling up on my couch with a good book.



3. What impression do you make on people when they first meet you? How about after they've known you for a while?

I think I come off as clumsy and shy but after you get to know me you know that I am loyal and hardworking with a good sense of humour. Of course I am still shy and clumsy but I’m a lot more than that.


4. What's your idea of a good marriage? Do you think that'll happen in your life?

I haven’t had a lot of experience with good marriages in my life. My parents were definitely dysfunctional. But from what I saw from my besties parents, I think a good relationship requires communication. Without talking to one another a relationship is doomed to failure. Passion is also incredibly important. As to whether I’ll find that one day, I certainly would like to think so.


5. What are you most proud of about your life?

Ah, sheesh, this is a hard one. I am proud of my ability to adjust to major changes. After I was zombified I could have given up, a lot of people did, but I spent a couple weeks buried in the bottom of a big ole tub of ben and jerrys, then I dusted myself off and figured out how to live my life as it was.


6. What are you most ashamed of in your life?

For me I am ashamed about my lack of education. I wanted so many things and I let others opinions of me affect how I lived my life. Terribly ashamed of my apartment.


7. If you could spend the day with someone you admire (living or dead or imaginary), who would you pick?

I always love spending time with my bestie, Jenny. But since I can already do that, I assume you mean someone who I can’t. Hmm. Okay I know, Immanuel O’Ryan. Weird answer? Not really, that way I could kick his ass for trying to play God and ending up starting the zombie apocalypse.


8. Do you think you've turned out the way your parents expected?

No. I know I haven’t. I keep trying and hoping they’ll come around.


9. What was the moment in your life you are most ashamed of?

I had a one night stand. Don’t misunderstand, I’m not ashamed of the one night stand I am ashamed that I let the dick head’s parting words weigh heavily on me for so long. I let him affect the way I live my life and took so long to get over him.


10. Is there anything you've always wanted to do but haven't done? What would happen if you did it?

I’ve always wanted to learn a craft. Something simple and homey like knitting. I’m ashamed to admit to anyone I don’t know how and to ask for help.


11. What's the worst thing that's happened in your life? What did you learn from it?

Most people would expect me to answer that becoming a zombie was the worst thing that ever happened to me but it wasn’t. The worst thing was discovering how little you knew about people and how closed minded they could be in not accepting me once I was a zombie. Being kicked out of my parent’s home because of my disease and learning that they weren’t willing to accept me as I was.


12. Tell me about your best friend.

Oh my god, Jenny is the best. We’ve known each other since kindergarten and she is the sister I never had. She’s incredibly smart and beautiful. She is everything I wish I was. Bold, she takes life by the balls with no apologies. She accepts me as I am and has never expected me to change who I am.


13. What's the worst thing you've ever done to someone?

I genuinely try to be a good person. I did pull a lot of pranks in high school, some were my idea, others were Jenny’s. I don’t think I should talk about them – the statute of limitations might not be over yet.


14. What would you like it to say on your tombstone?

Anna Berkowitz, human and zombie. Lovable woman who never let the world beat her down.


15. Describe your ideal mate.

Can I pass? Fine. Ideal mate, someone who accepts me and loves me. Someone passionate and loyal, who can show his emotions and not hide behind a tough façade. He has to be tall, but more important than looks is personality. He can’t be mean, or hostile. And it certainly wouldn’t hurt to have a sense of humour, or a rock hard body.


16. What are you most afraid of?

Besides spiders? I am very afraid of losing control of my urges and turning into a braaaaaiiins zombie.


17. What's the most important thing in your life? What do you value most?

I value the friends who are around me. I value their acceptance and love. Besides that I find time in the kitchen important. Baking and trying new dishes keep me sane.


18. What do you like best about yourself? Least?

Best, I like my sense of humour, physically I like my hair, not many people have this shade of red. Least, I hate that I am clumsy and seem to turn even the simplest of actions into a visit to the e.r. Physically I would like to lose some weight and be more confident.


19. How do you feel about your life right now? What, if anything, would you like to change?

I am ready for a change. Ready to move on and be the person I should have been before I became a zombie. If I could change anything it would be to have made me do this a long time ago. To say to heck with it, this is me and be happy.


20. Are you lying to yourself about something? What is it?

I think I am lying about how I really feel about my parents. Trying to give them the time they need and believing that they will come around. But if I am lying to myself how would I know?



You can buy your copy of Supernaturally Yours at the following locations (or if you are local to me - contact me and I can get a paper copy to you)

http://www.amazon.ca/Supernaturally-Yours-Gloria-Bishop-ebook/dp/B00U51N27W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450113235&sr=8-1&keywords=supernaturally+yours

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/supernaturally-yours/9780994080523-item.html?ikwid=supernaturally+yours&ikwsec=Home&ikwidx=0

also available on iTunes and any other major ebook retailer - just search Supernaturally Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment